Global Health Neurosurgery Residency
Applications are accepted each fall from internal candidates only from the Duke Neurosurgery Residency. Neurosurgery Residents who have successfully completed PGY2 are eligible to apply with the approval of their Program Director. (See application process for details.)
Global Health Neurosurgery Residents will:
- Extend the duration of their residency training by six months.
- Complete fellowships in both Global Health and Neurosurgery in 6.5 years.
- Engage in the Master of Science in Global Health program (MSc-GH) coursework during PGY4.
- Attend weekly continuity clinics, conferences, and all other mandatory meetings required by the Neurosurgey Residency Program.
- Spend six months during PGY7 engaging in clinical care and mentored research activities at a global partner site.
Download the Global Health / Neurosurgery Pathway sample track. Tracks are tailored to the specific requirements and goals of each trainee.