Global Health Internal Medicine Residency
Applications are accepted each fall from internal candidates from Duke’s Internal Medicine Residency Program. Internal Medicine Residents are eligible to apply at the start of PGY2 after successfully completing PGY1, with the approval of their Program Director. (See application process for details.)
Global Health Internal Medicine Residents will:
- Extend the duration of their residency training by 12 months.
- Complete residencies in Global Health and Internal Medicine in four years.
- Engage in Master of Science in Global Health (MSc-GH) coursework during PGY3.
- Attend weekly continuity clinics in order to meet requirements for board eligibility in Internal Medicine.
- During PGY4, spend nine months providing clinical care and conducting research at a global partner site.
- Holly Biggs, 2010
- Paul Park, 2013
- Steve Sumner, 2013
- Lindsay Boole, 2016
- Laura Musselwhite, 2016
- John Stanifer, 2016
- Titus Ngeno, 2017
- Anubha Agarwal, 2018
- Julia Xu, 2018
- Sky Vanderburg, 2019
- Rebecca Lumsden, 2020
- Sarah Norton, 2021
- Chelsea Gaviola, 2024
- Catherine Cheney, 2025
Download the Global Health Internal Medicine Pathway track. Track schedules are tailored to the specific requirements and goals of each trainee.