Global Health Anesthesiology Fellowship
Applications are accepted each fall. Internal and external candidates are encouraged to apply during PGY3/4. (See application process for details.)
- Successful completion of PGY2/3 (of a three/four year training program).
- Applicants must be US trained.
- Successful completion of ACGME requirements for Anesthesiology.
- Be board eligible prior to participating in the GHP.
Global Health Anesthesiology Fellows will:
- Extend their training by 24 months.
- Begin the program with a 6-week site assessment visit at a global partner site.
- Engage in Master of Science in Global Health course work.
- Be dually appointed as junior faculty in the Duke Anesthesiology Department.
- Spend 7-12 months providing clinical care and conducting research at a global partner site.
Download the Global Health / Anesthesiology Pathway Track Schedule. Tracks are tailored to the specific requirements and goals of each fellow.