Elizabeth Krebs, MD, MSc-GH
Global Health Pathway Graduate
Fogarty International Clinical Research Fellowship Alumni
Dr. Elizabeth Krebs graduated from the Global Health-Emergency Medicine Fellowship Pathway in 2014 and earned a Master of Science in Global Health. Dr. Krebs was awarded a Fogarty Global Health Fellowship, for her research, Improving Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Outcomes in Rwanda Through Development of Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs). She speaks more about her work in the video below.
During completion of her MD at Jefferson Medical College, Dr. Krebs was fortunate to spend time studying public health in Costa Rica and gained experience in grassroots development work in Rwanda. Dr. Krebs then completed her residency training in Emergency Medicine at St. Luke’s University Health Network.
GHP Project Related Publications:
- Patel, A., E. Krebs, L. Andrade, S. Rulisa, J.R. Vissoci, and C.A. Staton, The epidemiology of road traffic injury hotspots in Kigali, Rwanda from police data. BMC Public Health, 2016. 16: p. 697.
- Krebs, E., J.F. Luck, R.W. Nightingale, S. Jayaraman, J.R. Nickenig Vissoci, S. Rulisa, J.C. Byringiro, and C.A. Staton, Mortality predictors in traumatic brain injury due to motorcycle crashes in Rwanda. Traffic Inj Prev, 2018. 19(Suppl 2): p. 183-184.
- Krebs, E., C.J. Gerardo, L.P. Park, J.R. Nickenig Vissoci, J.C. Byiringiro, F. Byiringiro, S. Rulisa, N.M. Thielman, and C.A. Staton, Mortality-Associated Characteristics of Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury at the University Teaching Hospital of Kigali, Rwanda. World Neurosurg, 2017. 102: p. 571-582.
- Henwood, P.C., D.C. Mackenzie, J.S. Rempell, E. Douglass, D. Dukundane, A.S. Liteplo, M.M. Leo, A.F. Murray, S. Vaillancourt, A.J. Dean, R.E. Lewiss, S. Rulisa, E. Krebs, A.K. Raja Rao, E. Rudakemwa, V. Rusanganwa, P. Kyanmanywa, and V.E. Noble, Intensive point-of-care ultrasound training with long-term follow-up in a cohort of Rwandan physicians. Trop Med Int Health, 2016. 21(12): p. 1531-1538.
- Garg, M., G.L. Peck, B. Arquilla, A.C. Miller, S.E. Soghoian, H.L. Anderson Iii, C. Bloem, M.S. Firstenberg, S.C. Galwankar, W.A. Guo, R. Izurieta, E. Krebs, B. Hansoti, S. Nanda, C.O. Nwachuku, B. Nwomeh, L. Paladino, T.J. Papadimos, R.P. Sharpe, M. Swaroop, S.P. Stawicki, and A.C.G.o.I.M. Programs, A Comprehensive Framework for International Medical Programs: A 2017 consensus statement from the American College of Academic International Medicine. Int J Crit Illn Inj Sci, 2017. 7(4): p. 188-200.